Astoria: The Holders of Power Saga is a charming RPG with an epic, twisting story, containing intricate characters and cinematic cutscenes, done in classic 90’s, RPG-style storytelling.
A Demon has been summoned to Astoria, seeking revenge and the destruction of its people. Play as Nolan, a young Prince arriving to Astoria from a far-off land, and discover a sinister plot of assassination, politics, and impossible alliances that will help this Demon and his accomplices obtain the Stone of Power – a stone capable of opening a gate to a realm of unimaginable evil. On your journey, meet a colorful cast of 16 characters who move in and out of your party in accordance with the plot. Explore an expansive world where you will encounter hordes of vicious monsters, conduct stealth missions, fight in a pitched battle, and uncover great mysteries. Experience the emotions of love, anger, hatred, and fear as each member of your party has their own gripping story arcs that intertwine with the main storyline. Sail with filthy pirates, learn powerful spells, find magic weapons, slay mighty Dragons, battle armies of Orcs, Goblins, Demons and even an Undead horde. Will you prevail against the forces of evil in a race to recover the Stone of Power before it’s too late?
– 35+ hours of gameplay
– 20+ side quests (some small & some large, spanning the entire game)
– 220+ maps
– 130+ weapons & armor, 140+ items, 175+ skills/spells (unique enemy skills included)
– A total of 16 party members, constantly moving in and out of the party in accordance with the plot! Maximum party size of 6!
– 2 high-action, REAL TIME stealth/assassination events!
– Highly developed main characters with tons of in-game dialogue! – Nearly 1 hour of dramatic, cinematic cutscenes!
– Overworld map with hidden enemies/Dungeon maps with harder, visible enemies who give chase or guard paths!
– A unique in-game Bestiary/Monster Book to log your foes’ stats and weaknesses!
– Be challenged by a group of “heroes” for status/bragging rights via intense “hero to hero” combat!
– Find and fight a total of 6 “challengers” inhabiting towns/villages in 1 on 1 combat with no items to test a character’s might!
– 9 Dragons to find and kill that grant the party bonus statistics to distribute to your characters however you wish!
– 8 Epic Monsters/Bosses who drop special items that can be converted into unique equipment upgrades by a specialty blacksmith!
The Magic System
The people of Astoria have different “affinities” for magic. A party member can learn nearly 100 spells or skills, but each character has a limited number that can be brought into combat… and that defines their affinity. In ATHOPS, the mage and the clairvoyant can each “memorize” 8 spells (bring them to combat). The hero, Nolan, has a maximum of 3. The size of your party – which varies from 1 to 6 – and its cast greatly determine the amount and types of spells you bring to combat. Since there are nearly 100 spells… choose wisely. Will you arm your party with powerful elemental spells, amplifying buff spells, crippling debuff spells, or a combination of each for balance?
Customization and Replayability
Customize your party via the plethora of power ups found in hidden or guarded treasure chests. Find and slay fantastic beasts and claim their rewards that can be sold for additional equipment upgrades that permanently remain with your desired character. Defeat deadly dragons and choose massive stat bonuses for each character in your party before the dragon’s essence dissipates into the air. Swap different weapons, armor, and item combinations among your party members to further customize how they battle. How will you build your party?
Plot-centric Assassination Events
One of the main characters in ATHOPS is the young girl, Petra. She has an arcing storyline that ties in with the main theme, and she vows to become an assassin in order to avenge her parents’ death. There are two scenes in ATHOPS where you control Petra in real-time assassination events. There are visible enemies on guard, and you have to sneak by them/assassinate them from behind without entering their “line of sight.” So take your time, notice patterns, and have patience! Remember, assassins never give in to their emotions!
ATHOPS runs on PC
Processor: Core 2 Duo
Graphics: Discreet Video Card
Storage: Demo is 405Mb, Full Release estimated 500Mb)
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0 Compatible Soundcard
OS: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4200HQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz 2.40 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX
Storage: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0 Compatible Soundcard